A Starter 1 to 1 Training Session (1 hour) is ideal to you start on your training journey with a puppy or adult dog, or to help you with any training problems you may be encountering. Every dog learns differently according to breed and experience, by working closely with you and your dog I can help you learn the best way to train and enjoy working with your dog.
The Starter Session is all about me getting to know you adn your dog so I can work with you in the most effective way, as my approach to every puppy or dog differs according to need of dog and owner. I look at what stage you are at with training, any past learning experiences for both you and your dog, and discuss any specific issues you have encountered. I then start to run through all the foundations of training, such as:
- How to reward your dog for a good behaviour and why we need to reward.
- How to introducing verbal cues so your dog understands.
- How to engage your dog so they want to be with you and work with you.
- How to get your dog to focus on you in the face of distractions.
- Understanding how to read body language.
- Why dogs sometimes stop focusing and how we can help.
- Why recall suddenly stops working!
I follow up this session with notes on the exercises we have covered. Clients then book a normal 1 to 1 Session to continue with the training.
Some of the exercises we cover in the 1 to 1 Training Sessions are:
- All the basic Training Exercises such as Sit, Stay, Down, Recall, Loose Lead Walking, Impulse Control, Emergency Stop
- How to train using fun motivational exercises. Train your dog without them realising!
- Foundation work before you move onto doing agility, flyball, trieball etc
- Addressing specific issues that arise during Group Classes or when you train at home.
- Working with exercises to help rescue dogs settle into their new homes with focus and control.
- To help with confidence in anxious dogs
- To work as part of a behaviour modification programme to help with behavioural problems.
- Ideas on how to enrich your dogs life in the home with mental stimulation and exercises.
HOW TO BOOK:
Please book online, and I will contact you to arrange a time for your Starter 1 to 1 Training Session.
At check out you will receive a brief questionnaire to fill in to give me information about your dog and what you would like to work on so your session can be tailored to you. Please fill this in and it comes to me automatically.
No reviews were found.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Starter 1 to 1 Training Session.