PUPPY TRAINING AND SOCIALISATION CLASSES
Class 1 Thursday 28th April 5-6.30
These small select puppy and adolescent training classes are designed to work with clients who have already attended the 1 to 1 Starter Session with Dog Sense Training and Behaviour where the background on how dogs learn has already been covered enabling the classes to be packed full of opportunities to learn in a focused and fun environment.
I will be joined by an assistant trainer who is training with the IMDTB as a Behaviourist.
The areas we will cover will include:
- How to train the basic behaviours we need such as sit, down, loose lead walking, heelwork, waits, stay and of course recall.
- How to work using a long-line and why this is important when working with adolescent dogs.
- Helping the puppies and adolescent dogs to learn self-control and focus in the face of distractions.
- Building engagement with the handler and learning to work equally with different handlers.
- Building confidence and resilience through proprioception exercises and doggy parkour.
- Teaching the puppies and adolescent dogs to problem solve and make correct decisions.
- Fun exercises to help focus on what the handler is asking while enjoying themselves.
- We can also work in socialising the puppies and dogs with other animals using my horses, sheep and chickens as part of essential socialisation skills.
- At the end of each session there will be plenty of time to ask questions and discuss any ‘puppy’ or 'adolescent 'issues that you might be having with unlimited behavioural advice from myself and Eira.
Booking will be online and each session can be paid for individually. Please note payment must be made before the session otherwise booking cannot be gauranteed.
If the weather is too bad for training and the class has to be cancelled, then of course I will reschedule the class for an alternative date to suit everyone.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 07885 742988 or be email on [email protected]
No reviews were found.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Puppy and Adolescent Training and Socialisation Class.