DOGS LOVE TO LEARN!
The emphasis in the dog training class is for your dog to learn while having fun, your dog will learn much faster and focus more if they are engaged and enjoying the exercises.
This Group Dog Training Class is for dogs of all ages and levels of training. The class is small (maximum 6 dogs) so you will get plenty of individual attention.
You can book a block of 6 or 10 classes, and book repeated blocks as often as you like as every class will be different, and every dog is treated as an individual so they learn at their own pace.
SOME OF WHAT WE COVER IN THE CLASSES
- Walking nicely on the lead
- Teaching your dog to focus on you - eye contact.
- ‘This Way’ - How to direct your dog when off lead.
- Impulse control
- Teaching good social manners with other dogs and humans
- Teaching good manners with other animals, chickens and sheep!
- Sit, Down, Wait, Stay
- How to get your dog to settle on a mat
- Emergency Stop
- Some fun Trick Training exercises!
If you have holidays booked, you can choose the class to suit you from the easy to use calender.
Dog Training Classes are held in a securely fenced grass training paddock in Brockhampton Village near to the well known cricket club..
The paddock is an old orchard, so is lovely and cool in the summer and very sheltered in the winter.
There is an enclosed covered area with seating for spectators.
Parking space is limited so please follow signed instructions as you enter the yard.
Please read the directions before arriving as SAT NAV will not direct you straight to the property.
Please read terms and conditions before booking.
WHAT TO BRING.
- A flat collar or harness (Please no choke chains, prong collars or slip leads)
- A standard or long lead, please no extendable leads as they are difficult to use for training.
- Lots of very yummy treats cut up into VERY small pieces to use as rewards. Sausages, hot dogs, chicken, cheese…Please cut down on your dogs morning meal as they will fill up with the treat rewards during the class.
- Poo Bags
- Please ensure you wear suitable footwear, as all the training is outside on grass
- Please wear suitable clothing, and do bring dog coats if needed, especially on those cold wet winter days!
- Water Bowls are provided but do feel free to bring your own.
- Please bring a copy of your vaccination record to the first class, or email a copy to [email protected]at booking.
No reviews were found.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Dog Training Classes.